Thursday 8 December 2011

Nude Nails

You wouldn't believe how hard it is trying to take photos with the lighting in my student house!  I swear all the bulbs must be about 30 watt; any photos I try and take are tinged with yellow.. which as you will see, with today's nails it's not a particularly good look!!

The polishes I'm wearing are Eyeko 'Nude Polish' and 17 Lasting Fix 'Fairy Cake'.  The 'Fairy Cake' is one of my all time favourite polishes of 2011, along with it's sister 'Parma Violet' from 17's pastel collection.  However, I've tried to find you a link to all these polishes online, but unfortunately can't find any at all!  I'm wondering if they're just all too old now, which is a bit of a bummer, although there is currently a 'Fairy Cake' on eBay ;).

Now, this look is a bit of an odd one.  The Eyeko polish gave me a bit of a 'mare in the sheer amount of coats it needed; but it's given me mannequin nails, which I strangely quite like.. it's taking nude nails to another extreme!  The brushes on the Eyeko polishes are quite long and thin, but this didn't give me any difficulty in applying the polish, and also means you can get to the bottom of the bottle!  I've paired it with 'Fairy Cake' because I love it's bright, pastel-ly shine.  It's so easy to apply, since the formula's quite thick, but it dries well and for about £3 you can't go wrong.  I'm still not 100% sure on the combination, but I think it's growing on me; but I'm definitely loving the odd ring finger at the moment!  I also would recommend 17 polishes so highly, they're super cheap, last quite a long time with base and top coats and  they're always bringing out new colours so you can buy all of them!


Are you a fan of the nude nail?  What are your favourite cheap brands of polish?

xx

Ps.  Just in case you were wondering I used Rimmel's '5 in 1 Nail Treat Base & Top Coat'.  It gives a lovely glossy finish without being too OTT!

No comments:

Post a Comment