Friday 2 March 2012

Open Wide: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers (here) - Purchased through Buyapowa
Comes with box and spare insert, not photographed.

It's no word of a lie that Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers are some of the best (maybe even the best) in the business.  Endless amounts of make-up artists use these eyelash curlers, which by anyone's standards, says a lot.  I've never really been a user of eyelash curlers, but more recently I decided that they're a tool I really wanted in my make-up bag.  I began my search, and came to the conclusion I needed the Shu Uemura ones.

Buyapowa listed this co-buy three times over a couple of days before I finally managed to grab mine - unlucky for me, I just kept missing them!  And trust me, they go fast.  I was however, the lucky buyer to get them for free with the co-buying incentive, so I was ecstatic.  By the way, Buyapowa's service was fantastic; I couldn't recommend them enough.  Great prices, cheap postage and well packaged, quick delivery; you couldn't ask for more!

They arrived, I glanced over the instructions and set to work.  Having never properly used eyelash curlers before, I found it a little tricky.  I'm getting better, but still haven't quite mastered holding, squeezing (but not too hard, or too long) so that my eyelashes don't just bend in half.  It's something which I assume just comes with practice!  Some days I manage to get beautiful, big curling lashes; others, a bit bent.. 

Ultimately, the mascara is probably the next most important thing next to the eyelash curler.  If you don't use the right one, the curl flops and you're left looking like sad elephant (long, floor-facing eyelashes.. No? Google it.)  I've got a few different mascaras in my possession, even ones that are supposed to curl lashes, which leave me with days of disappointing elephant eyes.  Only the Collection 2000 Big False Lash Effect mascara holds something more like big, curled eyelashes; although next, I think I need to repurchase my old favourite, Max Factor False Lash Effect.  When you want big, curled lashes, you need a brush that both separates and combs whilst building volume and length.  Unfortunately, many mascaras just don't cut it for me!

Despite the mascara problems, my Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers have been a daily staple; whether I'm mascara-ing or going natural, these exceptional curlers open up eyes and give incredible eyelashes.  I'm not yet sure if this actually enables me to see more... but I've decided that can be saved for a later experiment, since first, I need to find a mascara that does these babies justice!  Oh, and I haven't included a photo of my curled lashes because 1) I haven't perfected using them just yet, and 2) Every photo I take I just look unflatteringly like a bug.  Sorry!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment