Sunday 18 March 2012

Sunday Round Up #3

This is what my Sunday is consisting of today...

Happy (Mothering) Sunday!  Unfortunately as I'm living at uni, I don't get to see my Mum today :(.  I did send her a lovely parcel earlier this week though, so I got a nice thank you call earlier today (I know you're reading this Mum!).  Despite any photos circulating the internet this week showing Tesco's Mother's Day suggestions, I did not opt for Domestos cleaning products - yes, you read right!  Shocking.  She got a set of Shu Uemura eyelash curlers - she told me I pick the best presents!

It seems like no time at all since I was writing last week's Sunday Round Up, and disappointingly I don't know what I've done with the week!  I did have a little panic on Tuesday.  My skin suddenly decided to turn bright red and crisp overnight, like I'd been oven baked - is this a sign I'm sleeping too much in a toasty bed? - which was absolutely typical when Tuesday was a busy day, giving presentations etc.  All very embarrassing!  So I swapped facial brushing for Liz Earle and the muslin cloth for a few days, and gradually have begun brushing once a day as the week's progressed.  I've also begun using E45 as a staple face cream - which I never thought I would say!  My skin was so damaged/stingy/dry I was basically layering this on at all times I was at home, and again overnight.  It's fixed my skin though, and not caused spots despite it's oily texture, so I'll maybe think about using this as a replacement night cream from now on.

I also had to have a blood test on Tuesday, which added to the stress of things, as I mentioned to the doctor in a medication review that I'd been super tired recently - maybe this caused my over-baking!  I take B Vitamins daily to keep me lively, but I was told to have a blood test to check my 'levels'.  I think it's highly likely my iron will be low as I barely eat any meat - for a student it's very costly!  So I've been thinking a lot this week about food groups, and how to eat nutritious food when you're both a busy and poor student.  If anyone has suggestions, I'd be interested!

Another captivation for my thoughts this week has been from my university's Feminist Discussion Society.  We were talking about 'Lad Culture' - the drinking, objectifying women, the brutish behaviour, 'TrueLad', 'UniLad' - why it's happening and how it affects women.  You only have to type 'women' into Facebook to see an onslaught of horrific and demoralising groups by these kind of people.  All very interesting, but it just makes me thankful that my boyfriend is not at all like this!

Better get back to researching Tuesday's presentation...
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment