Friday 23 March 2012

Warning: Massive Lashes! Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara Review


I have the gold limited edition tube which I believe only comes in black, but I've linked to the normal black tube which has greater colour variation and comes in waterproof too. 


In the first image I've curled my lashes with my trusty Shu Uemura curlers (blogged about here); you can clearly see the difference when I've applied the mascara!  I was struggling to find a mascara that kept the curl my eyelash curlers created, as other mascaras I tried seem to weigh them down and straighten them out again.  When I was younger this was my go-to mascara - in fact, the only mascara I would purchase!

In my quest for curled lashes I repurchased it a few weeks ago and love it just as much as I used to - sometimes I wonder why I leave my old favourite products behind!  The great thing about this mascara is the ability to build it up; this is obviously my spider-eyed, going out look, and I would definitely not wear this to go to uni!  For some people this would definitely be too much, but I like excessive lashes... I applied a couple of coats to get this much volume and length, but one application leaves lashes just as defined and fluttery without the volume.  Personally, that's more than enough for daytime for me!

The wand is a little clumpy to handle, but you get used to it.  It has little spikes though, which I love, as you can almost comb the lashes whilst coating them to reduce clumping.  Very neat.  I don't use the waterproof version, although I'm sure it'd be better for holding the curl, simply because my eyes are so sensitive that I can't remove waterproof mascara without losing eyelashes and damaging my eyelids.  Since I'm a contact lens wearer too, this is really important!  The longevity of the standard version is more than enough though, and it does take a little bit of effort to remove it with either eye make-up remover or the Liz Earle cleanser and warm water, so it definitely has more than enough staying power for day-to-day wear.  I also don't find it transfers any colour under my eyes, which other, cheaper, mascaras tend to.

I love this mascara.  I'm not sure anything more needs to be said!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment