Sunday 29 July 2012

Summer Essentials: SPF Saviours

Banana Boat Ultra Plus Sunblock SPF50 90ml (I don't think they sell this any more, but similar is available)

SPF is undoubtedly the most important part of summer essentials, more so, holiday essentials.  Jetting off to hot climates is the one thing that keeps most people fighting through our dreary UK weather (winter and summer), but there's no point in going if you're not going to protect your skin!  UV rays work in two ways - as I always remember it UVA = Ageing, UVB = Burning.  Protect against neither?  You'll look old and sore.

I've used P20 since I was a baby; my parents trusted it enough then to protect my skin, and I still trust it now.  It's not cheap, but once a day application is right up my street, because I'm lazy when I'm on holiday!  You obviously need to remember that no matter what SPF you're wearing, you can still get too much sun.  So being smart and covering up when it's that little bit too hot will leave your skin thanking you.  I use the Banana Boat SPF 50 on my neck, shoulders and any other bit of me that's maybe had a bit too much sun and I can't cover up quite so easily if I'm out and about.  I also use it on my tattoo because UV rays fade the ink and I refuse to allow my money to be wasted like that!

For my face, La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL 50+ works like magic.  It doesn't clog my skin and cause me to break out, and despite its potent sun blocking qualities, I still got a tan on my face.  That's a Greek heatwave for ya.  With it being tinted, it's not for everyone, but for the more olive skinned girls Anthelios XL acts a little like a low coverage foundation, which I love.  Fair skins may find it a bit too orange though... Using other than P20 on the face does require re-application during the day - this most not be forgotten!  I also pop on some Hawaiian Tropic SPF25 lip gloss; practical and ensures I don't feel too grotty on the beach, along with my coloured in eyebrows and a lick of mascara...

2 comments:

  1. Hey,


    I found your blog
    because you follow Style Suzi and I thought I would check out a few other
    Bloggers that follow her. She has great style and I really like yours as well.
    You have an awesome blog and this post is great! It would be cool if we could
    follow each other!


    If you have facebook,
    I would be so grateful if you could like my page: http://www.facebook.com/newyorkdoll


     


    Let me know what you think and if you
    wanted to do a link share as well that would be fantastic, as exchanging links
    helps bring traffic to both of us!


    Aimee: http://www.new-yorkdoll.blogspot.com


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will have a look at this lip gloss! Hawaiian Tropic products usually smell really nice. What about this one? Xo, Alexandra

    Glam O’Clock | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete